Health and Safety is key at Ainscough. As a group we engage in every project considerately, ethically and safely to ensure employees, supply chain partners and members of the public are protected from harm.
To ensure compliance and best practice we release regular H&S communications via informative bulletins, videos, updates and training sessions. Our dedicated QHSE team also regularly evaluates, tests, inspects and audits the entire business, while providing ongoing support that allows all colleagues to carry out tasks safely at all times.
As testament to the importance we place on Health and Safety here at Ainscough, we have committed to a unique group-wide scheme that aims to eradicate accidents and incidents in the workplace. Our ambitious ‘Target Zero’ campaign was launched in 2010, and has so far reduced reportable incidents by 57%.
While this is a significant achievement and one we are extremely proud of, we remain committed to a long-term approach that allows our employees to make the safe choice when undertaking a lift, and ensures that our customers can do the same by choosing us to manage their lift requirements.
Putting the focus squarely on risk reduction, we always:
• Demonstrate care and corporate responsibility
• Promote worker welfare across all divisions
• Improve and maintain risk awareness
• Ensure competence and compliance
• Guarantee adequate resources
• Align all our contractors and subcontractors
• Take ownership of QHSE across diverse projects
• Delivery of cranes from the closest depot possible to minimise carbon emissions through transportation
• Use of telematics to plan the most efficient routes to and from sites and depots
• We replace our fleet regularly so that our cranes are the youngest in the industry – newer engines produce lower emissions
• Our support fleet is operated at maximum life cycle to maximise fuel efficiency and reduce emissions and redeployment of fleet